Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tattoo Date

Hubby and I have talked about getting a tattoo together for a year or two now and just really have been in no hurry to actually do it. We both had an idea of what we wanted, we just really weren't sure we were ready for something permanently inked on our body's forever.  We started putting more thought into and wanted to do something together date wise I suppose that was unique for us and also memorable. We decided to get the tattoos... Let me tell you that was very different then any sort of date we have ever been on and yes I consider it a date because our kid's weren't with us. Thankfully our neighbor was willing to watch the kids while we went out and got inked. Anyway, so we checked into a few tattoo artists... had a bit of a struggle finding some one we were confident in. Finally, we found that right person who we were satisfied with. He is the owner of tattoo x, which is the only all disposable tattoo shop in this area and they use all organic ink. He did an awesome job and handled my near passing out episode so well (for the record it was not because of the pain, I swear he hit a nerve or something because it was almost half way into doing the outline of my tattoo and it hit me when he hit a certain spot). Anyway, I decided to go first that way I could get mine done and out of the way. Also because then I wouldn't have a chance to chicken out and I knew if I went first James wouldn't chicken out because then he would know if I could do it then he could do it. Anyway here are the pictures....

Chris doing James' tattoo on his calf


the outline... can you tell what it is?


All done! Kind of hard to see what it is at first but it's Jesus with a  crown of thorns.

 
my tattoo... 30ish minutes of pain... ouch 

No comments:

Post a Comment