Wow these words hit me like a ton of bricks....
"what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise"
Seriously, what if?
The many times I awake in the night and I'm nothing but frustrated because I just want to sleep. Maybe God's waking me to speak to me and I'm just not listening. It's so easy to get so caught up in the annoyance of trials and disappointments but God is really trying to tell me to push aside the irritant and accept the good that could come from it. Not to mention I seriously hate crying I fight it with all my might. But maybe I just need to learn to let go and let it flow. Let God take a hold of the tears obviously they are there for a reason and he has a plan for them.
We are often so caught up in asking for healing, forgiveness, wisdom we forget to sit back and listen in the midst of the storm. Is this event happening because God's trying to teach us something?
God's trying to speak to us!! We just need to listen and have faith in him! Don't ever think your not hearing from God, It's that your not listening to him!
Mmmmm, WOW! Thats some serious truth written.
ReplyDeleteThere have been times I have been so frusterated about tossing n turning that I get up and grab my Bible for comforting words. What ends up happening is that God has something to reveal to me, tell me, show me.
I have journaled these conversations and ran across one recently. It reconfirmed to me again that God is omnipresent, ever-knowing. And that he is never without "the Master plan"
I love what Mother Teressa said, "I will have all my time in Heaven to sleep"