Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Lasagna 101 Crash Course

Meet the student....

 The Recipe:
2 LB lean ground beef
2 Jars of spaghetti sauce
italian seasoning
johnny garlic seasoning
parsely
1 small tub of ricotta or cottage cheese
2 eggs
parmessan
2lbs of cheese shredded (I like to use a pound of mazzarella and a pound of colby jack)
1 bag of fresh spinach
Lasagna noodles (NOT cooked)

(this is just my own recipe so I don't really have exact measurements, I appologize)

Brown the beef and season to taste. Add the sauce.  


In the mean time, while the meat is cooking, lightly beat the eggs, just enough to break the yoke add the ricotta cheese and approx half of the shredded cheese. Mix well.


stir in the spinach.... yummy

In a 9x13 dish put a thin layer of meat mixture in the bottom and then lay out a layer of lasagna noodles. On top of the noodles spread approx 1/3 of the cheese and spinach mixture and then a layer of the meat sauce. Repeat until everything is used and top with the remaining shredded cheese and sprinkle parmesan and a little bit of italian seasoning.


Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for thirty minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for approx ten to 15 minutes.


I'm trying to prepare my sister for adult hood and help her refrain from McDonalds and other fast food places. I figure if she knew how to cook then she would eat healthier!
Mom thinks she has it rough just sitting there waiting to taste test.

(we didn't have any colby jack cheese or italian seasoning so unfortonutatly this just doesn't look near as good as it really is)

No comments:

Post a Comment