Sunday, February 28, 2010

Raw hide anyone?

A 9 week old puppy and a 6 month old baby equals everything to the mouth...sometimes it even consists of sharing! I am not a happy camper when dogs lick humans... I HATE dog slobber! I'm disgusted by the texture of a dogs tongue licking my skin. we are working hard to keep Leighla from licking and biting. Over all she is really good. The trick is keeping her from chewing on Bryson's toys and keeping Bryson from chewing on Leighla's toys.

Today Bryson was sitting on the floor near James while he was on the computer and I was in the kitchen cooking...when I walked around the corner from the kitchen my eye's were shocked to see Bryson chewing on Leighla's raw hide strip and actually enjoying it! I'm not sure what they taste like and why they are so good but I am not about to find out. I wish I would have taken pictures but I was to traumatized by the idea of Leighla's slobber and her raw hide strip in his mouth I quickly snatched it away and prayed I wouldn't have to call poisen control!

I have watched Leighla and seen her eat some rather nasty things (or at least I think they are nasty) so I know what has been in her mouth. I don't care who you are and how clean a dogs mouth is supposedly suppose to be...it's just not right for Bryson and Leighla to exchange saliva!!! GROSS

No comments:

Post a Comment