Leighla-Eve
(Dark Beauty- born Christmas Eve)
I have always had a passion for Guide dogs.
So, Grandma Sherry's dog, Pixie, had a litter of puppies and I BEGGED James into allowing us to get a dog. After time well spent thinking, debating, and more begging (ok it wasn't that bad) we flew Leighla to our house and the adventure began...
We have had Leighla for 2 weeks now and it seems like its been so much longer. She is a very good dog and is really starting to catch onto the house rules.
Not only did we get her for a family pet but also to be my guinea pig.
Some day I would like to become involved in a foster puppy program also known as a puppy raiser program. Basically you raise a puppy for a year and half and teach it obedience and basic commands that eventually leads to things such as opening doors, turning off lights and so on. So Leighla is my guinea pig. Before I commit to anything I want to know what I am getting myself into... so my goal is to work with Leighla as if she were a part of the Guide Dog for the Blind puppy raising program.
Wish me luck...this shall be a fun experiment!
See you needed this blog! I had no idea about this. I love the idea and you would be great at something like that. The hard part is letting them go. :(
ReplyDeleteIt will be hard to let em go but the part that I will find most exciting is being able to meet and hand over the deog to the person that I specifically trained it for.
ReplyDelete