I'll admit I'm not entirely I'm super in love with the macaroni. Although the idea seems great. I wasn't to impressed with the idea of watching it cook. When I think crock pot meals I think toss it in and leave it to cook. But this recipe calls for you to cook for about two hours BUT you gotta watch it and make sure that when it reaches to this consistency (picture below) then you remove heat source right away.
When mine reached that consistency it was rather soupy still. But because I didn't do as the recipe stated I ended up with macaroni and cheese that looked like this:
As far as the Carmel goes I was quite impressed. A simple can of sweetened condensed milk cooked in the crock pot all day created this carmel....
Heads up: this is the type of carmel that would be used to dip fruit in or baked in an apple pie. The consistency reminds me of carmel pudding


No comments:
Post a Comment